The Surrogacy Act 2010 (NSW) prohibits commercial arrangements for a surrogacy agreement. It also allows for persons to make applications for guardianship under the Act.
We at Sarah Bevan Family Lawyers, have been responsbile for the application to the Supreme Court of NSW which resulted in a landmark case in NSW, the first of it’s kind, allowing a same-sex couple to be registered to their child’s birth certificate.
In the event that you have entered into a surrogacy agreement that has not been commercial in nature, we will endeavour to provide you with all possible means by which to obtain parentage orders reflecting you and your partner as your child’s registered parents.
Further information on Surrogacy Matters
- Same-Sex Relationships Adoption Lawyers
- Same-Sex Relationships Surrogacy Lawyers
- Australian Family Lawyers
- Adoption in Australia – Sydney Family Lawyers
- Your First Consultation
- Court Process
- What should I know about seeing a family lawyer?
- Best Family Lawyers – Sydney – Parramatta
- LGBTI and Family Law – Family Lawyers Sydney